Check back soon for updated class list and newsletter for 2014!
Moore's Embroidablock of the Month Club
We encourage you to go to Hoopsisters.com to learn more about the Embroidablock of the month club.
Skills Classes help students learn skills or get reaquainted with sewing skills, such as putting in zippers, hemming, making button and buttonholes, ruffles, etc.
Club classes for embroidery machines owners - Janome MC11000SE, 11000, 10001, 9700, 350E, 300E, and MB-4. Embroidery-only machine owners will also need a sewing machine for project construction.
Serger Classes for most brands of sergers - ask about your brand and model prior to registering.
For those who purchase sewing machines, embroidery machines, and sergers from Moore's Sewing & Learning Center, guide classes are part of the value of your purchase. You will be contacted when you guide class is scheduled and have one year from date of purchase to participate in a guide class free of charge.
Moore's Sewing is a Project Linus Collection Site for Metro Louisville. Handmade quilts and blankets are given to children and youth newborn to 18 years of age in the Louisville Metro Area that are dealing ongoing medical issues or other crisis. Visit www.projectlinus.org to learn about the nationwide effort that hugs children with blankets!
- You are registered for class when payment is received. If a class has reached maximum capacity, you will be placed on the waiting list if you desire. If you cannot attend, please call the store at least 72 hours in advance to open a space for another person and receive a refund or credit. After 72 hour deadline, refunds are not given unless Moore's Sewing cancels the class.
- A supply list and pre-class preparation list is available for each class - ask when you register or have the list e-mailed to you. We kindly request you purchase supplies at Moore's Sewing as this assures keeping class fees low. 10% class discount granted on non-sale items.
- Please complete cutting and homework prior to class. Please arrive and have machine or computer set up prior to the class start time.
- Please bring only drinks with caps to class and keep drinks capped. Food is not permitted in the classroom unless a break is scheduled.
- In case of inclement weather, please call the store prior to class time on class status. Moore's may not hold classes when Jefferson County Schools are closed for weather related issues but timing of class and weather conditions will both be considered before a class is canceled.
- Use common courtesy by stepping out of the classroom to take any emergency cell phone calls. Place cell phone on silent mode during class time.
- Guide classes or new owner classes are offered free to those who purchase most sewing machine and sergers at Moore's Sewing. Bring your sewing machine, instruction book, and accessories to new owner classes. Customers are contacted about dates and should take their class within a year of purchase.
- Refer to our website for class protocols, class updates, and photos of projects. Contact the store with any questions.